Police are investigating a break-in at the London home of Sir Paul McCartney.
Thieves targeted the property in St John’s Wood at around 6.20pm on 7 December, with officers having attended and discovered signs of forced entry.
Scotland Yard has not revealed whether the former Beatle, 76, or his wife Nancy Shevell were home at the time of the intrusion, which came days before Sir Paul played a gig in his hometown of Liverpool on Wednesday.
The veteran star performed 38 songs as part of the UK leg of his Freshen Up tour, which continues at the O2 Arena in the capital this coming Sunday.
No arrests have been made in relation to the break-in, which was not the first time a former member of the iconic rock band had been targeted by burglars.
In December 1999, George Harrison was knifed in the chest by an intruder at his home in Oxfordshire.
The guitarist, who died of lung cancer aged 58 in November 2001, was taken to hospital with 40 stab wounds.
More from my site
- Unseen footage of Lennon recording How Do You Sleep released
Never-before-seen studio footage of John Lennon recording his infamous song attacking former bandmate Sir Paul McCartney has been released.
The video of John Lennon […]
- Paul McCartney tops US album chart for first time since 1982
Sir Paul McCartney has achieved his first solo number one album in the United States in 36 years.
The former Beatle is back on top of the charts after selling the […]
- Ryan Adams cancels UK tour amid sex abuse allegations
Ryan Adams has cancelled his UK and Ireland tour dates amid sexual abuse allegations.The American singer-songwriter cancelled dates including performances at the O2 […]
- Sir Elton John and Liz Hurley settle phone hacking claims
Sir Elton John, Elizabeth Hurley and Heather Mills have come to an agreement over phone hacking claims against The Sun and the News of the World.Their lawyers […]
- Man to stand trial accused of killing Holby City star's daughter
A man is to stand trial accused of killing Holby City star John Michie's daughter, who died after taking party drug 2CP at a music festival. Ceon Broughton, 29, of […]
- Hitler actor who went viral in memes dies
The actor Bruno Ganz, who was most famous for playing Adolf Hitler in the Oscar-nominated film Downfall, has died aged 77.The Swiss star had cancer and died at his […]
- 'Spice Girls forerunners': Beverley Sister Babs dies at 91
Babs Beverley, who was part of the Beverley Sisters pop trio, has died aged 91, her agent has confirmed.
The group were the highest-paid female act of their time in the […]
- Blake's 7 star Jacqueline Pearce dies aged 74
Jacqueline Pearce, who starred in science fiction TV show Blake's 7, has died aged 74 shortly after being diagnosed with lung cancer, her friend John Ainsworth has said.
- Kanye West calls out to Bob Dylan: 'Let's get together'
He has already collaborated with everyone from Jay Z to Paul McCartney - and now Kanye West is looking to add another big name to his CV.
Seemingly apropos of nothing, […]
- Prof Green: Blaming black youths for knife crime is racism
Professor Green has said it is "institutional racism" to present black youths as "the face of knife crime".
The rapper, who was stabbed in the neck with a broken bottle […]