Police are investigating a break-in at the London home of Sir Paul McCartney.
Thieves targeted the property in St John’s Wood at around 6.20pm on 7 December, with officers having attended and discovered signs of forced entry.
Scotland Yard has not revealed whether the former Beatle, 76, or his wife Nancy Shevell were home at the time of the intrusion, which came days before Sir Paul played a gig in his hometown of Liverpool on Wednesday.
The veteran star performed 38 songs as part of the UK leg of his Freshen Up tour, which continues at the O2 Arena in the capital this coming Sunday.
No arrests have been made in relation to the break-in, which was not the first time a former member of the iconic rock band had been targeted by burglars.
In December 1999, George Harrison was knifed in the chest by an intruder at his home in Oxfordshire.
The guitarist, who died of lung cancer aged 58 in November 2001, was taken to hospital with 40 stab wounds.
More from my site
- Unseen footage of Lennon recording How Do You Sleep released
Never-before-seen studio footage of John Lennon recording his infamous song attacking former bandmate Sir Paul McCartney has been released.
The video of John Lennon […]
- Paul McCartney tops US album chart for first time since 1982
Sir Paul McCartney has achieved his first solo number one album in the United States in 36 years.
The former Beatle is back on top of the charts after selling the […]
- 'Spice Girls forerunners': Beverley Sister Babs dies at 91
Babs Beverley, who was part of the Beverley Sisters pop trio, has died aged 91, her agent has confirmed.
The group were the highest-paid female act of their time in the […]
- Blake's 7 star Jacqueline Pearce dies aged 74
Jacqueline Pearce, who starred in science fiction TV show Blake's 7, has died aged 74 shortly after being diagnosed with lung cancer, her friend John Ainsworth has said.
- Kanye West calls out to Bob Dylan: 'Let's get together'
He has already collaborated with everyone from Jay Z to Paul McCartney - and now Kanye West is looking to add another big name to his CV.
Seemingly apropos of nothing, […]
- <a href='https://news.sky.com/story/my-dinner-with-herve-honours-a-promise-i-made-to-a-stranger-before-his-suicide-11527426' target='_blank'>'I've finally honoured promise I made before Herve's suicide</a>
Director Sacha Gervasi talks to Sky News about his new film, My Dinner With Herve, why it has been 25 years in the making, and why the man he met was […]
- Prof Green: Blaming black youths for knife crime is racism
Professor Green has said it is "institutional racism" to present black youths as "the face of knife crime".
The rapper, who was stabbed in the neck with a broken bottle […]
- Vicar of Dibley actor John Bluthal dies aged 89
Dawn French has led the tributes to her Vicar of Dibley co-star John Bluthal, who has died at the age of 89.
The Polish-born actor - who also appeared in three Carry On […]
- Man arrested over 'sex assault' on Atomic Kitten singer
A man has been arrested over an alleged sexual assault on Atomic Kitten singer Natasha Hamilton on a train.
The chart-topping singer, 36, tweeted on 10 October that a […]
- Diana Ross Had Her Whole Family on Her Parade Float Because That's What Thanksgiving Is All About
The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade brought out a whole host of celebrities, including John Legend, Rita Ora, and Kelly Clarkson. But one famous float in particular topped them all. The […]