Crown Princess Mary of Denmark turned heads when she arrived at the annual New Year’s Day banquet held at Christian VII’s Palace yesterday.
The beautiful royal wore a floor-length black gown with delicate leaf patterns in autumnal colours of plum, grey and mustard as she walked into the Copenhagen event for government ministers, court officials and military heads.
Arriving on the red carpet with her husband Crown Prince Frederik, who celebrated his 50th birthday earlier this year, the 46-year-old certainly made an entrance in her regal attire.
Sheer sleeves added a modern edge to her elegant evening gown which featured a plunging neckline and nipped in at the waist before falling to the floor.
Her Royal Highness completed the outfit with her beautiful Edwardian tiara, worn in her hair which was styled in a chic chignon.
According to royal blog The Court Jeweller, the magnificent tiara can also be worn as a necklace and was first seen worn this way three years ago.
Queen Margrethe II of Denmark, 78, who hosted the traditional New Year’s Banquet on Tuesday, was pictured arriving at the ball in a floor-length pink lace gown wearing her Pearl Poire Tiara.
The Danish royals were also joined at the event celebrating the new year by the Queen’s youngest son Prince Joachim, 49, and his wife Princess Marie, 42.
More from my site
- Crown Princess Mary of Denmark in pictures: Danish royal wows at Copenhagen gala
Crown Princess Mary of Denmark attended a gala dinner with senior members of the royal family last night hosted by the Danish Parliament - the Folketing.The 46-year-old royal arrived […]
- Princess Mary of Denmark takes style tips from Kate Middleton as she wows in red dress
Mary, Crown Princess of Denmark, who is married to the heir to the throne in Denmark, Frederik, Crown Prince of Denmark, was pictured in public yesterday.The 46-year-old stepped out in […]
- Princess Mary of Denmark stuns in silver gown for reception at Christiansborg Palace
Crown Princess Mary of Denmark, 46, looked characteristically elegant yesterday when she arrived at Christiansborg Palace for a New Year's reception for the diplomatic corps hosted by […]
- Crown Princess Mary of Denmark wears Kate Middleton’s favourite print in Copenhagen
Crown Princess Mary of Denmark was seen in the country’s capital today.The stunning brunette, 36, is ten years Kate Middleton’s junior.However, she is often compared to the Duchess of […]
- Princess Eugenie will wear this tiara with special meaning on her wedding day expert says
Princess Eugenie is the granddaughter of Queen Elizabeth II, 92, as the youngest daughter of Prince Andrew, 58.As such she is given the royal title and the honour of wearing a royal […]
- Why is Camilla Duchess of Cornwall’s tiara worth millions more than Princess Diana’s?
Princess Diana, who tragically died in 1997, and Camilla Parker Bowles, 71, both married the same man. The wives of Prince Charles, 70, has access to some the world’s most precious […]
- Melania Trump: First Lady dazzles in white sequinned dress at Congressional Ball
Melania Trump arrived for the annual Congressional Ball last night in a stunning white gown.The First Lady of America, 48, stole the show as she joined her husband President Donald […]
- Queen Letizia tenderly embraces her daughter Princess Leonor as she gives her first speech
Queen Letizia of Spain proudly gave her daughter a tender kiss on the cheek when she delivered her first speech on Wednesday.Princess Leonor, who is heir to the Spanish throne, gave the […]
- Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York wears clashing pink for night out in exclusive London club
Sarah Ferguson, the Duchess of York, 58, is gearing up for the wedding of her daughter Princess Eugenie.The young royal will marry in October, and Sarah will be in the spotlight once […]
- amfAR gala 2018 worst dressed: Lady Victoria Hervey bares all and Monaco royal makes list
The amFAR gala 2018 charity dinner was held last night in Milan, part of Milan fashion week.amfAR is a charity that raises money for AIDS research and HIV prevention, wit the famous […]