The Daily Media: 49 Moves to Know
Want to share your news with us and see your name and company in our weekly media roundup? Email us at email@example.com
1. 7 For All Mankind has named Simon James Spurr its new global creative director, effective immediately. Margaret Maldonado and Alessandra Pesavento have also joined the company as its senior design director of women’s ready-to-wear and director of design and merchandising, respectively. Read more on this story, here.
2. Donna Lagani is stepping down from her role as publisher of Cosmopolitan after more than 20 years and joining the Hearst Foundations in an undisclosed role. Nancy Berger, most recently vice president/publisher and chief revenue officer of Marie Claire, will take over as publisher of Cosmopolitan, Women’s Health, and Seventeen. Read more about the changes among Hearst’s publishers, here.
3. Eddie Roche, formerly deputy editor of The Daily Front Row, has been promoted to chief content officer at the company.
4. Steven Waldberg, previously of Bvlgari, has joined Calvin Klein Inc. as EVP of consumer engagement. Meanwhile Michael DeLellis has been promoted to EVP, strategic marketing initiatives and transformation at the company.
5. Mobolaji Dowadu has been named fashion director at GQ.
6. Nicole Fritton, previously fashion director of Harper’s Bazaar, has been promoted to executive fashion director. Miguel Enamorado, formerly of Interview magazine, will fill the fashion director role.
7. Pitchfork founder and CEO Ryan Schreiber is stepping down from his position. Click here for more details.
8. Melisa Goldie, former CMO of Calvin Klein, has joined Yeti Coolers as its first CMO.
9. Whembley Sewell, a former channel manager at Teen Vogue, is now the executive editor of Them.
10. Ishani Sen has joined PR Consulting as a senior coordinator.
11. There have been a number of promotions at KCD: Alexa Kopel is now senior director, PR; Walker Inge and Nathan Kovach are now directors, PR; and Sara Troficanto is now production and operations director, creative services.
12. Fleur Burlet, previously style journalist at Les Inrockuptibles, has been named Paris correspondent at WWD. Zoe Szathmary, previously SEO reporter at Fox News, has been named associate digital editor at WWD. Finally Layla Ilchi, previously editorial assistant at WWD, has been promoted to trending news reporter at the publication.
13. Vicki M. Young, previously senior editor, financial, at WWD has been named executive financial reporter at Sourcing Journal.
14. Grace Rowe, formerly senior producer at IMG Australia, has been named senior producer for IMG Focus, the new fashion events production company launched in August.
15. Casey Flanegan, formerly senior photography agent at Webber Represents & Cadence Image, has recently joined IMG Lens.
16. Justin Tarquinio, formerly associate publisher, luxury at Elle has been promoted to associate publisher.
17. Cyril Cabellos has joined DLX Paris as a partner and executive director.
18. WWD has appointed Booth Moore (former of The Hollywood Reporter) as executive editor, west coast.
19. Michael Stefanov is now the PR manager for Joseph Abboud.
20. Actor/race car driver Patrick Dempsey has joined KA/NOA as a business partner.
21. Lesley Admana, senior account manager at BFA, has been promoted to senior account director. Meanwhile Connor Santoro, junior account manager at the company has been promoted to associate account manager.
22. Sofia Quintana-Reyna, previously a marketing assistant at Bloomingdales, has joined samantha slaven publicity as PR assistant.
23. Alexa Rossi, formerly account supervisor at Creative Media Marketing, has been promoted to account director.
24. Nicole Colasanto has left her position as PR coordinator for Diesel.
25. Lindsey Dicola has been promoted from senior manager PR to PR Director at UGG. Meanwhile Matty Magnin has been promoted from PR associate to associate PR manager at the company.
26. Kelsey Stiegman was promoted from style editor to senior style editor of Seventeen.com.
27. Sarah Richardson, previously a jr. account executive at Alison Brod Marketing + Communications, has been promoted to account executive. Mia Blackman has been promoted from account coordinator to jr. account executive at the company.
28. Alaina Kirkpatrick has been named junior digital strategist at THINK.
29. Adam Ochman has joined Well+Good and The Leaf Group as SVP of creative and strategy.
30. Whitehaus Media Group names Jessica Kantor editor-in-chief of LALA magazine.
31. Isobel Macondray, beauty account manager at Purple, has left the company.
32. Victoria Moran, formerly with TPR Holdings, has joined Shadow as an account manager in the firm’s beauty division. Meanwhile Jessica Smith, formerly with DKC, has joined the firm as its west coast managing director.
33. The new PR and consulting agency Lawrence & Co. has officially launched.
34. PR Consulting is now representing Moncler, Nordstrom, Paco Rabanne in North America.
35. Paul Wilmot Communications is now representing Private Doctor by ID Hospital and New York Pilates.
36. The Creative NYC is now representing art & eden.
37. The Communications Store is now representing Eres and Yes To.
38. Williamson PR is now representing Mature Ha.
39. DLX NYC is now representing Wandler.
40. Azione is now representing Havaianas in the US and Parker Smith.
41. Negri Firman is now representing Noon by Noor.
42. Heather Magidsohn Consulting is now representing Petar Petrov for VIP services.
43. Wetherly Group is now representing Rudsak and Ippolita.
44. THINK is now representing FACE HAUS and tentree.
45. AKR Public Relations is now representing Le Chemin du Roi.
46. Kucerak + Co is representing BCBGeneration and BCBG MAX AZRIA eyewear.
47. Scenario is now representing PUMA North America.
48. Shadow is now representing Maisonette.
49. Lawrence & Co. is now representing Hodinkee, Autodromo Watches, and Aimé Leon Dore.